Friday 20 February 2009

Forcing our darkest souls to unfold

My hand drops limply to my side as the gun comes loose from my fingers.

It hits the stone floor with a crash that echoes off the walls yet it all seems like background noise to me.

Even Charlotte’s voice, my usual point of focus, the one thing that can usually snap me back to reality seems distant now.

I know her hands are on my shoulders, but I can’t feel them.

I know she’s moving me, for I can sense the air rushing past my ears, but I know not where I am going.

My eyes close and I feel it, but I cannot tell the difference between the darkness in front of my face and the darkness in my mind.

The room feels like its turning circles and I begin to spin with it.

Faster and faster we spin, until I feel something hard connect with my head.

Then I feel no more.

No comments:

Post a Comment