Thursday 29 January 2009

And as the boredom creeps in like a heavy fog...

I decide to update.

You see, I have a problem now. I'm officially addicted to online writing/blogging. I adore it. I love having a space to write my thoughts, I love having people who actually show an interest. I love reading other peoples fiction and others journals, I love having the opportunity to see that part of their lives, those bits that are usually so well hidden as they go about their day to day business.

There is something very liberating about having friendships based solely on what you write about online.
In someways, you guys know me better than those who are closest to me in real life.
In other ways, you wouldn't even recognise me.

It's not that I'm false in either personification, I just allow different parts of myself to show.

I'm thinking of a blog entry Pia did yesterday (I think) about not sucking.
Well, not specifically about not sucking, more about the whole 'finding your voice' thing.

I believe she's onto something. I've read a few WDCers blogs from the very beginning now, and I think it's a process. Sure, for some people, you can see their energy, their opinions, their personality from day 1, but as you read more and more, as they get into the swing of things, you can witness a change. They become more confident in their opinions and beliefs.
They become willing to argue the point.
Sometimes, in the most astoundingly articulate manner.

It always shocks me when I get an insight into a part of a fellow bloggers life that I was previously unaware of. For instance, I've been chatting to Shadows a fair bit over the last couple of days, mostly about music.

I always suspected her and Pia had good taste, they come across that way.
I just never expected her taste to be as good as it is. Seriously, she is the only person I've ever met who can correctly spout and identify quotes from all of Tools albums.
Apart from myself, of course.

Another of my friends, Chicochica blogs both on WDC and on Blogger. She has a pretty big following on Blogger, and I can completely understand why. She's very articulate, and her current troubles with her church make for some good reading. She's having a bit of a 'Mormon crisis of faith'
I feel for her, I really do. It must be damned hard, doubting the things you've been brought up to believe, when your whole communtiy, (I mean in LDS the church is damn well near to your whole life,) is likely to shun you for expressing any sort of opinion that is not 100% in line with theirs.

Her voice rings out for me. She puts across her arguements passionately and they are always well structured. Add to that the fact that I'm learning alot about LDS just from reading her blog, and you've got something I'm guaranteed to be addicted to.
I love to learn :-)


I feel like if I end this here, I'll upset people who I've not mentioned up there.
Seriously, there is not a blogger who will read this that I don't enjoy reading. You're all completely different, and I'm glad I somehow managed to weasel my way into this particular group of writers.

I'm going to go do a final edit of my Leading entry for FtL, and then settle down and do a couple of hours contract reviewing before my american counterparts begin to wake.

Thanks for sticking around guys, and heres to hoping you keep me addicted for a long while yet - I'd be lost for things to do at work without you all! :-P

Kay xxx

4 comments:

  1. Aww wow. Stroked again. You know what happens if you stroke too much...;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I emailed you back, it failed. :((

    ReplyDelete
  3. My Personal email?
    Huh.
    I'll twitter you with my other addy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. :)

    Thanks for the plug and support. I'll take all I can get at this point. Means much!

    ReplyDelete